Here’s a great marinade recipe for soaking meat before going on the barbecue or grill. A little bit of kick comes from chili powder and paprika. Of course, salt from the soy sauce does the work of keeping the meat juicy and tender while cooking.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, chipotle if you’ve got it
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Combine ingredients in a food-grade zipper-lock bag.
- Add meat to bag and distribute marinade evenly around meat.
- Press out air and seal the bag.
- Store in refrigerator as called for by recipe, at least 1 hour.
This post is also available in: Russian