This is a tried-and-true classic recipe for banana bread, but with a modern twist. By adding a little sour cream we moisten and lighten the bread up.
Total time: 90 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the cinnamon and sour cream.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack for 15 minutes; remove bread from pan.
This post is also available in: Russian